Youth soccer, while based on a game with a long history, is always evolving and changing. So I was thinking the other day as the Spring season gets ready to start - if there were five things you wish would change, strengthen, improve, etc. about youth soccer for the upcoming season, what would they be? Big or small.
I think mine would be
- Continue to see the elimination of lines in soccer practices/drills. See more coaches get educated, even at the lowest of Recreational levels
- More parents volunteering a little bit of time to help their local league
- More parents taking a firm stance against boneheads among them on the sidelines and letting them know their behavior is unacceptable to the rest of the parents
- Less top down pressure to conform and encouragement of innovation at the local league level with active USYSA involvement to learn from such innovation
- More leagues taking a stand against drill sargent coaches
Yes - mine are probably a bit more from a league administrator point of view. But its a start - how about you?