I blinked and somehow missed 2008, so for 2009 I wanted to jot down some things soccer related that I’d like to accomplish this year. Like all resolutions, I know I won’t achieve many of them, but always nice to have goals!
Soccer Things SoccerDad Wants To Do In 2009 (in no particular order):
- Help my ’96 Girls achieve a competitive season in their first year of Classic play
- Make it through a full year without busting apart a coach’s equipment bag
- Finally get a Coach’s Handbook started for our league
- Organize a scheduling league for our U9 Select Teams and those of other area leagues
- Draft some long overdue amendments to many of our league’s rules, bylaws, and guidelines
- Change the primary color of OTP’s new theme to green and continue tweaking it
- Get my National Youth License this summer
- Write some code and get the platform running my team’s website ready for any team to host their site on.
- Write some code to start migration of our league management system to the same platform
- Avoid extended (over a month) periods of silence at On The Pitch
- Explore possibilities for additional field space for our league’s teams
- Lay out an actual, on paper, season long development plan for my team that results in written weekly practice plans
- Work to modify the competitive cauldron for competitive youth players and utilize it with my team
- Start putting together lots of my notes from years past into some type of ‘soccer league administrative handbook’
- Finally put together a year-long league calendar with dates for everything set ahead of time
- Get my player evaluations done before July
- Have fun – lots of it!
No matter if you’re a coach, administrator and/or, soccer parent – what would your soccer resolutions for 2009 be?