FIFA announced the Golden Ball shortlist this morning for the tournament’s outstanding player.
The shortlist has been drawn up by the FIFA Technical Study Group (TSG)
and, with only players who reached the last four considered eligible
for selection, representatives of the media will now pick from a field
comprising three Frenchmen, two Germans, four Italians and a solitary
So who do you think will win? Zidane has my vote for his passion and style of play that epitomizes why we call this The Beautiful Game. But don’t just vote. Let everyone know why you picked a given player in the comments.
Who Will Win The Golden Ball?
- Zinedine Zidane (France) (50%)
- Gianluigi Buffon (Italy) (13%)
- Michael Ballack (Germany) (13%)
- Miroslav Klose (Germany) (13%)
- Fabio Cannavaro (Italy) (13%)
- Gianluca Zambrotta (Italy) (0%)
- Andrea Pirlo (Italy) (0%)
- Thierry Henry (France) (0%)
- Patrick Vieira (France) (0%)
- Maniche (Portugal) (0%)
Total Votes: 8